Course Information for prospective and future students
Welcome to Dynamics at Madison College...!
I'm Dr. Archie Paulson,
the course coordinator. I will teach the class in Fall 2019.
Dynamics introduces students to the motion of bodies subjected to forces. The
course will give students the tools required to analyze the kinematics of
systems of particles and rigid bodies. We will determine the dynamic
response of a system to applied loadings using Newton's Laws, the Principle of
Work and Energy, and the Principle of Impulse and Momentum.
- Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics
14 ed by Hibbeler. The text is required.
It is also used at UW-Platteville.
- This text provided by the College textbook rental program.
- You may also find used textbooks fairly cheap from various vendors online (such as
This is a good option if you plan to continue in engineering, as it will
become a valuable resource for you in the future.
- Problem Sets on Mastering Engineering
- Homework will be assigned via
Mastering Engineering. Problems are from the textbook.
- You may register directly at Mastering Engineering.
Our bookstore also sells cards with a Mastering Engineering access code.
- A companion document with lecture slides and practice problems is
currently under construction. It will be available here when completed.
- equations (pdf) are available for now
Last modified on January 14, 2020 by Archie Paulson
(Madison College, WI)