University Physics 1 -- Calculus Based
Course Information for prospective and future students
Welcome to Calc-Based Physics 1 at Madison College...!
I'm Archie Paulson, instructor and course coordinator.
This course is the first semester of a standard one-year
introductory calculus-based Physics course. The content covered will include
the kinematics and dynamics of moving bodies, oscillations and wave mechanics.
The class will be taught by Liz Reinke this semester. For additional
assistance, please feel free to attend the my office hours, as I have also taught this class.
- Equation Sheet (pdf)
- Reference Data (pdf) for values used in homework questions
- Computer Resources
- Computational Physics for University Physics 1
- This page contains materials required for the computational components of
this course, including instructions on how to get started with the
- Logger Pro (data acquisition software): We will be using a software package
called Logger Pro 3 for some of our labs. The manufacturer
students to download a licensed copy. If you would like your own copy, you
may download the install file for Logger Pro (with sample movies) at the
Windows, Mac OS
X. You will need to
download and execute the file, and enter the password climate when
prompted during the installation.
- Desmos is a nice free graphing calculator
- Wolfram Alpha can do equation solving and calculus
- Cymath shows steps for equation solving
a concept-map of Physics topics
- Video Lectures
General Resources at Madison College
Good luck this semester...!
-- Archie Paulson
Last modified: January 2020